links to pages for improving English via ESL sites:
English as 2nd Language [esl.about.com]
- About.com's English_Grammar Interactive
[busuu.com] Learn for free,
however, you have the option to pay a minimal monthly fee to
become a Premium Member to gain access to additional
functionalities and more material.
- UsingEnglish.com - Learning English (ESL)
- A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources,
Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
- Education Planet [www.educationplanet.com]
- LanguageCourse.net [www.languagecourse.net]
Free language course; reviews of language schools worldwide;
price comparison of language school & language study
- O N L I N E E X E R C I S E S in
Grammar Online [www.ego4u.com]
- English Exercises Online [wwwedu.ge.ch/cptic/prospective/projets/anglais/exercises/welcome.html]
| English Listening Online [www.elllo.org]
English Listening Lesson Library Online
ESL Cyber Listening Lab [esl-lab.com]
Audio and quizzes.
- ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES [englishonline.sites.uol.com.br/english/basic.htm]
and Teaching in Bangkok [www.ajarn.com]
Thailand Teaching Website.
- EnglishTown.com [www.englishtown.com]
Commercial ESL site.
- Funny Lessons in English for Spanish
- Antonyms & Synonyms Quiz [www.usingenglish.com/quizzes/38.html]
- English Phonetic Symbol Flash
- Phonetic Chart of IPA symbols
for ESL/EFL Students [a4esl.org] Quizzes,
tests, exercises and puzzles to help you learn English as a
Second Language (ESL).
- ESL Audio Test for Listening [eslus.com/LESSONS/PRONUNCI/PRONUNCI.HTM]
Great for Arab and Japanese natives to test their listening
to difficult sounds in English.
Maintained by The Internet TESL Journal. Links of Interest
to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language,
- UGoEigo ~ ESL Phonics Video Podcast
"English Sounds" [www.ugoeigo.com/category/podcasts/english-sounds/page/2/]
Use UGoEigo's video ESL podcasts to learn to
pronounce and understand English as a Second Language.
- Acronyms Related to TESL [iteslj.org/acronyms.html] A good
list of acronyms related to teaching English as a Second
for ESL Students [a4esl.org]
Multi-lingual site with quizzes, puzzles, tests and links
for studying ESL.
Vocabulary building & Pronunciation sites:
English dialects and accents:
- Canadian, Eh! [www.answers.com/topic/eh]
- Canadianisms [www.cs.cmu.edu/~steffan/canadianisms.html]
- CBC Canadian Experience: Talking Canadian
Not much at this page other than a description of
a wonderful program that aired on Canadtian TV covering the
Canadian English dialect. The program airs as a rerun, now
and then, on a CBC network and is available from the CBC
Shop on DVD.
Small list of some Canadian words. This is an archived
version of the original page.
- DARE Digital [www.hup.harvard.edu/features/dare/digital.html]
A dictionary of American Regional English.
- Yahoo Canada Online Dictionary List
Pointers to sites for Canadian online dictionaries and
- What dialect do you speak? A map of
American English [www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/12/02/what-dialect-to-do-you-speak-a-map-of-american-english/]
Article and graphic map of regions by their names and the
dialect name for the accents spoken there.
- World Wide Words [www.worldwidewords.org]
Interesting lists and definitions of British words.
Radio websites for learning or listening to English:
- Voice of America - Learn American English
with VOA Learning English [learningenglish.voanews.com/]
They now have two levels of English replacing the old
- BBC China Learning English [www.bbc.co.uk/china/learningenglish]
English learning specifically directed at native Chinese
- BBC Learning English on World Service
BBC counterpart to VOA's Special English.
- Roger Lyon on BBC Radio Merseyside in
Lyon's program includes guests and listeners that have a
variety of British accents influenced by Liverpool's
proximity to Ireland and Scotland. Good listening. [www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jhklg/]
Australia English Service Lessons [www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/learn-english]
The Australian accent is present in these lessons, but not
as bad as most. Good for people from China, Indonesia,
Cambodia and Viet Nam.
- StudioClassroom [www.studioclassroom.com/lt/lt_radio.php]
hosts a radio series called "Let's Talk in English"
- China Daily Audio News
Daily audio news stories in slower paced English with text
- China Daily Hosted VOA News [http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/language_tips/auvideo/audio_voa.html]
Special Speed News from the VOA.
- China Daily News Stories - Language Tips
News stories from China Daily with text and audio.
- Classics Channel --- Songbirds
Hong Kong's Radio 4 has been broadcasting a unique and very
popular English Language teaching program for local
students. The drama follows a group of characters who
experience the joys and difficulties of being a teenager and
young adults. Most of the characters acted by local
students, teachers and lecturers.
Radio Network [www.wrn.org]
A rebroadcaster of fine national radio stations from around
the world. For decades, countries have broadcast their
national radio services on Shortwave Radio. WRN combines
these feeds in blocks as 24-hour radio services. Current and
in English. You can receive their feeds MP3 as Shoutcasts.
- China Radio International [english.cri.cn/08english/] has
pages and pages for Chinese to Learn English. They also have
an English Radio Service that gets exported to various
countries. "Beyond Beijing" is good listening:
Slang & Novelty sites:
- Netlingo [www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm]
- Babelfish [babelfish.yahoo.com/tr]
Online multi-language translation website
Electronic Translators [www.alfalink.co.id]
Maker of good multi-language electronic translators that
talk, as well as display words and phrases in each
- Google Translate [translate.google.com/]
Enter ENGLISHBABY and LEHERE sites from my pages:
Friends that have linked us: